Thursday, May 26, 2005

Whatever My God Ordains Is Right

As I grieve the loss of a precious saint, I am reminded of the words of the Samuel Rodigast who reminds us of the sovereignty of God which is the most comforting doctrine in Scripture:

What-e’er my God ordains is right;
His holy will abideth;
I will be still what-e’er He doth,
and follow where He guideth.
He is my God; though dark my road,
He holds me that I shall not fall;
Wherefore to Him I leave it all.

What-e’er my God ordains is right;
He never will deceive me;
He leads me by the proper path;
I know He will not leave me,
I take, content, what He hath sent;
His hand can turn my griefs away,
And patiently I wait His day.

What-e’er my God ordains is right;
though now this cup, in drinking
May bitter seem to my faint heart,
I take it, all unshrinking.
My God is true; yeah morn anew,
sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart,
And pain and sorrows shall depart.

What-e’er my God ordains is right;
here shall my stand be taken;
Though sorrow, need, or death be mine,
yet am I not forsaken.
My Father’s care is round me t here;
He holds me that I shall not fall,
And so to Him I leave it all.

1 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger Camille said...

Wow. That was a really moving poem. Someone should right a tune for that and make it a hymn (Or is it a hymn already?)

~Camille

 

Post a Comment

<< Home