Monday, February 06, 2006

Looking at the cross!

I have been so strengthened in God's grace by reading a prayer each day recently from the classic book of Puritan prayers The Valley of Vision. Yesterday we observed the Lord's Supper during our congregational worship. Still thinking of the cross this morning I read these words:

"At the cross may I contemplate the evil of sin, and abhor it, look on Him who I pierced, as one slain for me, and by me. May I never despise his death by fearing its efficacy for my salvation. And whatever cross I am required to bear, let me see him carring a heavier."

Yes, Lord, I want to contemplate the cross today--not superficially, but may I glory in nothing except the cross and continually be preaching Christ and Him crucified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home