Saturday, September 10, 2005

Who do you need to "preach Christ" to today?

Recently I have had some folks whom I knew fairly well die. One came to our church for just a few short weeks and I never sat down and talked with him about his soul. He left town, went south, and died a few weeks later. Another man I had meant on several occasions and I was able to preach Christ to him a few times, but then he went into the hospital and he never came home again. I am left with thoughts as to whether I could have done more to speak to him of Christ. Then another gentleman entered eternity as well. Did I take every opportunity to speak of Christ to him? No, even though on several occasions I witnessed of Christ's death, burial and resurrection.

In this way I share in the feelings of Tim Chailles. Like him I never want to lose sensitivity to the death of lost people so that I may make the most of every opportunity.

Lord, help us all to take every opportunity you graciously give so that men may clearly hear of Christ before the night comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home