Friday, March 17, 2006

Leaving Egypt


I leave for Egypt in just a few hours. It has been hard waiting these past few days for our flight out, but the day is finally here. Today, we had a great time as a staff just talking about various theological issues and reflecting on the blessings of God in this past module. In the last month. the organization I worked with trained over 100 Christian leaders from the Middle East. We are looking forward to seeing 17 men graduate with a master of ministry degree this spring. The goal is to expand into several other countries in the next few years.

These leaders are now back in their cities, towns and villages laboring joyfully for their Master. Some traveled by train 5 hours to Cairo and then got on a bus and traveled to the conference center another 3 hours. Most of them will take the material they have learned and will teach it to scores of others in their churches.

We had two cohorts (groups) of students this year. One of the translators overheard some of the second year students talking on the first day to the new students who came. They said, "One thing you will learn by the time of the end of this week: that you don't really know the Bible." I learned that in seminary years ago. I went in thinking I knew a lot about the Bible and I left realizing that I would spend the rest of my life learning what I didn't know.

Above are some pics of me teaching with my translator. I will have many more to share with my church and others who supported me in the weeks ahead.

Lord willing, I will see many of you again soon!

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Carey said...

That is great to hear, Mr. Wagner! I'm praying for you and your team. (In case you are wondering who I am, I'm an acquaintance of your very sweet daughter, Nella.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home