Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ministering in Egypt



I have just spent eight days ministering to a group of 55 students in Egypt. As I write this I am still in Egypt, relaxing for a few days waiting to take off and return home where I can hardly wait to see my family once again.

These days of ministering have been some of the best in my life. I love the opportunity of ministering to these hungry students who have sacrificed so much for the sake of Jesus Christ our Lord. Yesterday we capped off the teaching time by letting them share how God has moved in their hearts. God has done an amazing grace in so many of these students' lives for his glory.

One student said, “I learned that I haven’t been the person God wants me to be, but I am determined now by God’s grace to become the person He wants me to be!”

My class was on "The Principles and Practices of the Spiritual Life" and we covered many topics ranging from the Word of God to prayer to renewing the mind to dealing with temptation and learning how to know God's will and biblical decision making.

"As the deer pants for the water, so my soul pants after you!" Indeed these men are great examples of thirsting after God. They truly hunger and thirst after righteousness.

Above is a picture of the team that I ministered with it. Each had gifts that God used together to minister in an effective way. The teachers included a missionary from Cambodia who exhibited graciousness and a great love for the students, a pastor from NC who helped many of the students learn for the first time how to interpet the Bible consistently and correctly, and another pastor from SC who has served the Lord in Togo previously and connected with students very effectively as he instructed them in an introduction to NT survey. Also in the team was ourvisionary general director, our academic dean who handled the logistics of the trip flawlessly and with grace, a translator who superbly served us and gave his all, and a man who came along to video and ended up being my roommate-- who ministered in so many ways it would be hard to list them all. What a humbling to serve with a team of men who God assembled for such a time as this.

2 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Camille said...

Hey Dad!! Glad to see you're still using your blog!! That picture is awesome. I'm going to make it my desktop backround. I hope to see a lot more pictures when you get home in a few days!!

Love from your daughter,
~C

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Ian Wagner said...

That guy in the picture on the right looks like a guy that works at peek 'n peak :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home